Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Sweet Dogs

You will never believe it but I have a witness to it! I had just bought a new bag of puppy food and had placed it in the food bin. Well, I forgot to close the lid and it was full to the rim. I forgot about it and let the dogs in. The pups kept running into the room and would take a while to come back when called. Finally I walked over there and saw Khan sitting next to the food bin hoping I would say it was ok to eat. Neither one touched the food!! I was completely amazed.

I'm sure it is due to the way I feed them. They always have to wait until I say it's ok to start eating. Sometimes I even have them stay in one corner of the room and wait for me to call each dog one at a time. They have to listen to their name and know who I'm calling. Once called they have to sit with the food in front of them, wait for all the other dogs to arrive and sit with food in front of them.

Once I see the drooling I say different words to see if they are really listening. They are only supposed to start eating when I say the word "ok". It's a game we play but I think it teaches listening skills and respect for me and the food I own. The training obviously worked as the food bin full of food was not touched by the pups. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us a note!