Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bike Ride from the house.

Biking straight from the house is not the greatest but I suppose somewhat convenient. There is a bike shoulder but it's still so dangerously close to cars on the road. I really like the Burke Gilman but I have to drive to it which makes it not very appealing or convenient for everyday use. Pack the dogs, drive there, unfold the bike, ride, fold the bike, drive back. The driving to and from makes it lame but the ride itself is super nice.

I guess one thing that could make it worth the drive is swimming. I need to expose the pups to swimming anyway. A ride from the most northern point of the lake, on the trail, to the kayaking center at Sand Point is about 6 miles, one way. The reward would be swimming at the Seattle Raft and Kayak location with the pups. I think that would be pretty awesome.

I would just have to put on the packs for the bike to carry water and a towel, maybe even a change of clothes. It could work really well for the summer. :) I should give it a try. We don't go fast. It's really an easy jaunt for the pups. I'm sure they will be fine and it would build muscle, stamina and balance. I will start us off at 2-3 miles each way with a swimming session in the middle to make it even more fun.

:( Poor Hank has to stay home so much. If only I could haul him in a cart. I can't fit the cart in my car. :( I'll just have to keep walking him.. it will be our one on one time. :) The pups can rest and we can have a nice evening walk. :)

The pups and I rode from the house to the park and back. I'll google it and see how many miles. OK, 1.3 miles one way so 2.6 total and actually, we did a little loop-ty-loop around a couple of culdesacs so I'm gonna call it 3 miles. Not bad and they're still wrestling on the deck. I think they can do many more miles with the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us a note!