Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Puzzle Toys Update

Angela is right. Once these guys get their mind set on something, they are pretty determined. My pups, only at 7 months, has managed to damage half of the seemingly indestructible puzzle toys I've been using, and it's only been about a week. The ones that have survived without much complaint has been the Kongs. I'll just stick with those for now and do toy destructibility testing just once in a while. :)

I've mixed peanut butter and senior kibble inside the Kongs for the pups. Hank gets his treats and puzzles with the less indestructible toys. ;)

Speaking of puzzle toys and trying to keep the pups busy, I'm having a hard time finding raw hide type chews that are made in the US at an affordable price. I mean, they are not crazy expensive but compared to the ones made outside of the country they are double to triple to higher on the price. How does that work? I mean it's made here and it's excess parts but it's more spendy???

Sarah pointed out that treats from Costco are usually from other countries so I checked and dang it, she's right. After the whole meat issue with other countries I'm now also a bit hesitant in buying treats outside of the country. I'm sure it's ok but it set me on a search and I'm really surprised US made raw hide is not as easy to find and once you do find it, they aren't cheap. Where does all that stuff go? I mean, isn't it excess? Does it really cost that much more to make money of off excess meat parts? I know US eats a large share of meats, so where are the inexpensive yet safe US raw hide chews?

There's a vendor that will be at the Sequim show that carries US made hard chew type treats. I'll have to get a few from her. Actually, the hard chews from her store are from cows that are naturally raised or something. I'll have to get details. I don't think it was organic or anything but there was something good about it. I really enjoy her store too. She has the most toys and lots of interesting ones. Nice leads too. Wish I wasn't so broke. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us a note!