Sunday, May 24, 2009

Spokane Show Update

Stormy and Khan are doing really well. Simon beat Khan today for Reserve Winner's Dog but stormy again took Reserve Winner's Bitch. :) I'm learning a lot about showing. It's definitely not as easy as they make it look. The dogs really have to be trained and so does the handler. I'm such a novice but I'm really learning a lot. Actually, I'm learning it all more like a crash course.

In the past two days I've also helped showing Simon and Andrew for my breeder, Sarah. That has really been a blast and a huge learning experience. Sarah has 4 dogs to show and Raven and I have been showing for her. Andrew is fairly easy and Simon is a whole lot of dog to handle. Today he would not do anything I asked. We didn't work together at all prior to the show. Ok, so not only was Simon a butt, Andrew decides to relieve himself in the ring. Thankfully I was showing next to Raven and in my panic she held Andrew while I grabbed some paper towels to clean the mess he had made. :) Fun times in the ring today. I'll load some vids soon.

Stormy hurt her tail so Sarah advised an Epsom Salt dip. I filled up the laundry sink where we were staying and let her soak in it. She loved it. She looked so relaxed. Made me want to draw a bath too. I will soak in Epsom Salt soon. :)

Check her out in her short vid. She's such a cutie pie. She has really turned out well so far. She was so timid when I first got her that I was worried she wouldn't come out of it but she's totally great and so relaxed! She totally trust us and she's just so awesome.

Stormy's Spa Treatment


Here are some pics of her spa treatment:




Show results were dominated by West Star pups. For Saturday, Destiny won Best of Breed and Gunner was Best of Opposite. Destiny is a Maggie grand daughter, Khan and Stormy's niece. Andrew won Best of Winners and Katrina too Winner's Bitch. Andrew and Katrina are full brother to Khan and Storm. Gunnar is half brother to them on their mom's side. By the way, Gunnar is now #6 GSP Male in USA, and #16 overall. Khan took Reserve Winner's Dog and Stormy took Reserve Winner's Bitch.

Sunday results are as follows. Gunnar for Best of Breed then Destiny for Best of Opposite. Andrew was Best of Winner and Katrina Winner's Bitch. Khan lost to Simon for Reserve Winner's Dog but Stormy still took Reserve Winner's Bitch. Simon is full brother to Gunnar. I handled Andrew both days and he now has 4 points total with Katrina close behind him with two points. Reserve doesn't get points unless the winners are found to be disqualified but Reserve is a good sign. Stormy and Khan are doing well. :)

Here are the boys Andrew, Seven and Khan:
Spokane Dog Show 20090524


Here is the competition for Winner's Dog Sunday:
Blitz, Simon, Nic, and Andrew 20090524

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us a note!