Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stubborn


Well, sure. He's smart and quick but also stubborn. He's intelligent enough to decide to ignore you too. I think I'll need the help of professionals or figure out a way to be smarter than the dog.

He retrieved a couple of times my way today so that is exciting and promising. He's gotten better at "sit" and "down" and "wait". They are much more comfortable at staying outside now too. They can still get a little whiny but it has gotten much, much better now. I just like to see them get some sun and breathe the outdoor air. They are both such wusses. Both want to be close to me all the time which is sweet and all but can be a little annoying. I need my space too.

He's doing better job at leaving Nadia's food dishes alone. He's very curious and sniffs around them but doesn't climb to get to them anymore. I still keep a very close eye on this and do remind him to leave it a lot but he's doing pretty well on his own now.

I can't wait for him to really get good at playing fetch. That's my favorite game with the dogs. Hank is almost perfect at it. I just don't like it when Hank "throws" the ball at me. I'd rather he fetched to hand unless I say "drop it". I need to tie Hank while I play with Khan also. Hank takes over and I can't focus on Khan to try and play fetch, then Khan gets distracted and plays with Hank. I should get a "chain gang" tie down and work with each separately. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us a note!